Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
ArangoDB vs OrientDB: What are the differences?
ArangoDB and OrientDB belong to "Databases" category of the tech stack.
ArangoDB is an open source tool with 8.34K GitHub stars and 579 GitHub forks. Here's a link to ArangoDB's open source repository on GitHub.
According to the StackShare community, ArangoDB has a broader approval, being mentioned in 24 company stacks & 80 developers stacks; compared to OrientDB, which is listed in 10 company stacks and 5 developer stacks.
Pros of ArangoDB
- Grahps and documents in one DB37
- Intuitive and rich query language26
- Good documentation25
- Open source25
- Joins for collections21
- Foxx is great platform15
- Great out of the box web interface with API playground14
- Good driver support6
- Low maintenance efforts6
- Easy microservice creation with foxx5
- You can write true backendless apps4
- Managed solution available2
Pros of OrientDB
- Great graphdb4
- Great support2
- Open source2
- Rest api1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of ArangoDB
- Web ui has still room for improvement3
- No support for blueprints standard, using custom AQL2
Cons of OrientDB