Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
amCharts vs Plotly: What are the differences?
amCharts and Plotly can be primarily classified as "Charting Libraries" tools.
Some of the features offered by amCharts are:
- Free or Commercial
- All chart and map types you might need
- Works on all modern browsers and also old IE
On the other hand, Plotly provides the following key features:
- Feature parity with MATLAB/matplotlib graphing
- Online chart editor
- Fully interactive (hover, zoom, pan)
"Mock-up tools" is the primary reason why developers consider amCharts over the competitors, whereas "Bindings to popular languages like Python, Node, R, etc" was stated as the key factor in picking Plotly.
Plotly is an open source tool with 10.3K GitHub stars and 1.2K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Plotly's open source repository on GitHub.
Pros of amCharts
- Mock-up tools17
- Each element can be Customized3
Pros of Plotly.js
- Bindings to popular languages like Python, Node, R, etc16
- Integrated zoom and filter-out tools in charts and maps10
- Great support for complex and multiple axes9
- Powerful out-of-the-box featureset8
- Beautiful visualizations6
- Active user base4
- Impressive support for webgl 3D charts4
- Webgl chart types are extremely performant3
- Charts are easy to share with a cloud account3
- Publication quality image export2
- Easy to use online editor for creating plotly.js charts2
- Interactive charts2
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of amCharts
- Amcharts upgrade often need to rewrite all code1
Cons of Plotly.js
- Terrible document16