Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
amCharts vs Highcharts: What are the differences?
amCharts and Highcharts can be primarily classified as "Charting Libraries" tools.
Some of the features offered by amCharts are:
- Free or Commercial
- All chart and map types you might need
- Works on all modern browsers and also old IE
On the other hand, Highcharts provides the following key features:
- It works in all modern mobile and desktop browsers including the iPhone/iPad and Internet Explorer from version 6
- Free for non-commercial
- One of the key features of Highcharts is that under any of the licenses, free or not, you are allowed to download the source code and make your own edits
"Mock-up tools" is the primary reason why developers consider amCharts over the competitors, whereas "Low learning curve and powerful" was stated as the key factor in picking Highcharts.
Highcharts is an open source tool with 8.75K GitHub stars and 2.31K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Highcharts's open source repository on GitHub.
I have used highcharts and it is pretty awesome for my previous project. now as I am about to start my new project I want to use other charting libraries such as recharts, chart js, Nivo, d3 js.... my upcoming project might use react js as front end and laravel as a backend technology. the project would be of hotel management type. please suggest me the best charts to use
I've used Highcharts with both Angular Js Reactive applications (render as ReactJs) and also a bit of D3. Personally I found Highcharts to be the easiest to use but, with still quite a good level of customisability if you need it. graphs and charts then give D3 a try.
Pros of amCharts
- Mock-up tools17
- Each element can be Customized3
Pros of Highcharts
- Low learning curve and powerful33
- Multiple chart types such as pie, bar, line and others16
- Responsive charts12
- Handles everything you throw at it8
- Extremely easy-to-parse documentation7
- Easy to customize color scheme and palettes5
- Built-in export chart as-is to image file4
- Export on server side, can be used in email1
- It is nice0
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of amCharts
- Amcharts upgrade often need to rewrite all code1
Cons of Highcharts