Amazon EKS vs Google Kubernetes Engine: What are the differences?
What is Amazon EKS? Highly available and scalable Kubernetes service. Amazon Elastic Container Service for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS) is a managed service that makes it easy for you to run Kubernetes on AWS without needing to install and operate your own Kubernetes clusters.
What is Google Kubernetes Engine? Deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications on Kubernetes, powered by Google Cloud. Container Engine takes care of provisioning and maintaining the underlying virtual machine cluster, scaling your application, and operational logistics like logging, monitoring, and health management.
Amazon EKS and Google Kubernetes Engine can be categorized as "Containers as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon EKS are:
- Managed Kubernetes Control Plane - Amazon EKS provides a scalable and highly-available control plane that runs across multiple AWS availability zones.
- Security and Networking - Amazon EKS makes it easy to provide security for your Kubernetes clusters, with advanced features and integrations to AWS services and technology partner solutions.
- Logging - Amazon EKS is integrated with Amazon CloudWatch Logs and AWS CloudTrail to provide visibility and audit history tracking of your cluster and user activity.
On the other hand, Google Kubernetes Engine provides the following key features:
- Docker support - Improve the predictability of your deployments with Docker containers. Containers make it easy to deploy applications across environments.
- Better ops - Give ops a better system, starting with a managed compute cluster. Container Engine takes care of provisioning and maintaining the underlying virtual machines and operational logistics like logging, monitoring, and health management.
- Declarative management - Use declarative syntax to define your application requirements. Container Engine will actively manage your application, ensuring your containers are running and scheduling additional as needed.
According to the StackShare community, Google Kubernetes Engine has a broader approval, being mentioned in 184 company stacks & 50 developers stacks; compared to Amazon EKS, which is listed in 27 company stacks and 8 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon EKS?
What is Google Kubernetes Engine?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions