Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
1Password vs LastPass: What are the differences?
1Password: A password manager and secure wallet for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. 1Password is the best password manager and secure wallet for Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android. Securely generate, store, and fill passwords and much more; LastPass: Password manager that works with all browsers & smartphones. LastPass Enterprise offers your employees and admins a single, unified experience that combines the power of SAML SSO coupled with enterprise-class password vaulting. LastPass is your first line of defense in the battle to protect your digital assets from the significant risks associated with employee password re-use and phishing.
1Password and LastPass can be categorized as "Password Management" tools.
According to the StackShare community, LastPass has a broader approval, being mentioned in 34 company stacks & 27 developers stacks; compared to 1Password, which is listed in 29 company stacks and 17 developer stacks.
Pros of 1Password
- Userfriendly UI8
- Data encryption in transit and at rest3
- Strong password generator3
- No third-party tracking in apps3
- Sync data across devices3
Pros of LastPass
- Synchronised across browsers19
- Chrome plugin16
- Passwords stored encrpyted14
- All devices8
- Central servers do not have keys8
- Better then lesspass2
- The most cost-effective b/t Roboform and 1Password2
- company wide2
- Free plan1
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Cons of 1Password
- Past Breaches0
Cons of LastPass
- UI for admins is an inconsistent mess3
- Slow, unpredictable sync when sharing passwords2