What is RESTHeart?
RESTHeart is a tool in the Database Tools category of a tech stack.
RESTHeart is an open source tool with 737 GitHub stars and 162 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to RESTHeart's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses RESTHeart?
Pros of RESTHeart
RESTHeart is ready-to-use and saves coding the backend
- Setup in minutes the lightweight and fast microservice with support for MongoDB and AWS DocumentDB
- Available also as a Docker image
- Built on standards, like HTTP, JSON, REST, JSON and JSON Schema
- Read JSON documents with GET requests, specifying MongoDB queries and projection options
- Deal with large result sets with pagination
- Create, modify and delete JSON documents with POST, PUT, PATCH and DELETE requests
- Use bulk requests to deal with multiple documents in one shot
- Out-of-the-box User Authentication and Authorization
- Store and serve binary data with GridFS support
- Define and execute Aggregations, supporting both map-reduce and aggregation pipelines
- Execute requests in multi-document ACID transactions
- Access real-time data changes via Websocket Change Streams
- Create dbs, collections and indexes with Data Model API
- Validate requests with JSON Schema
- Extend RESTHeart via Plugins: transform, check requests and responses
- Keep data secure with authenticators and authorizers
- Executes WebHooks after a request completes
- Implement Web Services in minutes
- Define Relationships so that documents automatically include hyperlinks to referenced data
- Forget about HTTP details with automatic support of Cross-origin resource sharing, Web Caching and HTTP ETag to avoid ghost writes
- Navigate data with the embedded browser web app
RESTHeart Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to RESTHeart?
See all alternatives
Eve is a programming language and IDE based on years of research into building a human-first programming platform. From code embedded in documents to a language without order, it presents an alternative take on what programming could be - one that focuses on us instead of the machine.
It is a modern database query and access library for Scala. It allows you to work with stored data almost as if you were using Scala collections while at the same time giving you full control over when a database access happens and which data is transferred.
It makes it easy to use data access technologies, relational and non-relational databases, map-reduce frameworks, and cloud-based data services. This is an umbrella project which contains many subprojects that are specific to a given database.
A cross-platform IDE that is aimed at DBAs and developers working with SQL databases.
Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio
It is an integrated environment for managing any SQL infrastructure, from SQL Server to Azure SQL Database. It provides tools to configure, monitor, and administer instances of SQL Server and databases. Use it to deploy, monitor, and upgrade the data-tier components used by your applications, as well as build queries and scripts.