What is OBS Studio?
It is a free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. It is equipped with a powerful API, enabling plugins and scripts to provide further customization and functionality specific to your needs. It supports all your favorite streaming platforms and more.
OBS Studio is a tool in the Video Streaming category of a tech stack.
OBS Studio is an open source tool with 50.3K GitHub stars and 7.2K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to OBS Studio's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses OBS Studio?
6 companies reportedly use OBS Studio in their tech stacks, including Tech Stack, Serp Api, and uepg.
61 developers on StackShare have stated that they use OBS Studio.
OBS Studio's Features
- High performance real time video/audio capturing and mixing. Create scenes made up of multiple sources including window captures, images, text, browser windows, webcams, capture cards and more
- Set up an unlimited number of scenes you can switch between seamlessly via custom transitions
- Intuitive audio mixer with per-source filters such as noise gate, noise suppression, and gain. Take full control with VST plugin support
- Powerful and easy to use configuration options. Add new Sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly
- Streamlined Settings panel gives you access to a wide array of configuration options to tweak every aspect of your broadcast or recording
- Modular 'Dock' UI allows you to rearrange the layout exactly as you like. You can even pop out each individual Dock to its own window
OBS Studio Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to OBS Studio?
See all alternatives
It offers a customizable live streaming platform to build, deploy and manage high-quality video, live and on-demand. It powers professional-grade streaming for any use case and any device.
It is an API-first platform, powered by data and designed by video experts to make the beautiful video possible for every development team.
Amazon Kinesis Video Streams
Amazon Kinesis Video Streams makes it easy to securely stream video from connected devices to AWS for analytics, machine learning (ML), and other processing. Kinesis Video Streams automatically provisions and elastically scales all the infrastructure needed to ingest streaming video data from millions of devices. It also durably stores, encrypts, and indexes video data in your streams, and allows you to access your data through easy-to-use APIs.
It provides adaptive streaming infrastructure for video publishers and integrators. Fastest cloud encoding and HTML5 Player, play Video Anywhere.
api.video is an API-first platform which enables developers to build, scale and operate on-demand and live video streaming in their own apps and platforms in minutes, with just a few lines of code.