What is Honeycomb?
We built Honeycomb to answer the hard questions that come up when you're trying to operate your software–to debug microservices, serverless, distributed systems, polyglot persistence, containers, and a world of fast, parallel deploys.
Honeycomb is a tool in the Performance Monitoring category of a tech stack.
Who uses Honeycomb?
6 companies reportedly use Honeycomb in their tech stacks, including LaunchDarkly, CircleCI, and CarGurus.
24 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Honeycomb.
Jul 23, 2019 at 10:44PM
Mar 12, 2019 at 3:11PM
- High-performance querying against high-cardinality or sparse events.
- Accepts any structured JSON objects with a write key.
- Submit events via API.
- Open source agents, log tailers, SDKs, and integrations.
- Customizable high-performance query windows.
- Customizable storage windows provide control over retention and costs.
- Always have access to the the raw data behind query results and graphs.
- Shared boards.
- Individual and team query histories.
- Triggers and notifications.
- Secure Tenancy for data compliance.
Honeycomb Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Honeycomb?
See all alternatives
Datadog is the leading service for cloud-scale monitoring. It is used by IT, operations, and development teams who build and operate applications that run on dynamic or hybrid cloud infrastructure. Start monitoring in minutes with Datadog!
Beehive is an event and agent system, which allows you to create your own agents that perform automated tasks triggered by events and filters. It is modular, flexible and really easy to extend for anyone. It has modules (we call them Hives), so it can interface with, talk to, or retrieve information from Twitter, Tumblr, Email, IRC, Jabber, RSS, Jenkins, Hue - to name just a few.
New Relic is the all-in-one web application performance tool that lets you see performance from the end user experience, through servers, and down to the line of application code.
Ruxit is a all-in-one performance monitoring solution for cloud natives. In under five minutes customizable dashboard views show you your application's performance data.
AppDynamics develops application performance management (APM) solutions that deliver problem resolution for highly distributed applications through transaction flow monitoring and deep diagnostics.