What is Apache Flink?
Who uses Apache Flink?
Apache Flink Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Apache Flink in their tech stack.
We currently have 2 Kafka Streams topics that have records coming in continuously. We're looking into joining the 2 streams based on a key with a window of 5 minutes based on their timestamp.
Should I consider kStream - kStream join or Apache Flink window joins? Or is there any other better way to achieve this?
Please tell me why you still choose Kafka after using both modules. Also, Apache Flink is faster then Kafka, isn't it?
I have to build a data processing application with an Apache Beam stack and Apache Flink runner on an Amazon EMR cluster. I saw some instability with the process and EMR clusters that keep going down. Here, the Apache Beam application gets inputs from Kafka and sends the accumulative data streams to another Kafka topic. Any advice on how to make the process more stable?
I need to build the Alert & Notification framework with the use of a scheduled program. We will analyze the events from the database table and filter events that are falling under a day timespan and send these event messages over email. Currently, we are using Kafka Pub/Sub for messaging. The customer wants us to move on Apache Flink, I am trying to understand how Apache Flink could be fit better for us.
Jobs that mention Apache Flink as a desired skillset
Apache Flink's Features
- Hybrid batch/streaming runtime that supports batch processing and data streaming programs.
- Custom memory management to guarantee efficient, adaptive, and highly robust switching between in-memory and data processing out-of-core algorithms.
- Flexible and expressive windowing semantics for data stream programs
- Built-in program optimizer that chooses the proper runtime operations for each program
- Custom type analysis and serialization stack for high performance