What is Crucible?
Who uses Crucible?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Crucible in their tech stack.
We are using a Bitbucket server, and due to migration efforts and new Atlassian community license changes, we need to move to a new self-hosted solution. The new data-center license for Atlassian, available in February, will be community provisioned (free). Along with that community license, other technologies will be coming with it (Crucible, Confluence, and Jira). Is there value in a paid-for license to get the GitHub Enterprise? Are the tools that come with it worth the cost?
I know it is about $20 per 10 seats, and we have about 300 users. Have other convertees to Microsoft's tools found it easy to do a migration? Is the toolset that much more beneficial to the free suite that one can get from Atlassian?
So far, free seems to be the winner, and the familiarization with Atlassian implementation and maintenance is understood. Going to GitHub, are there any distinct challenges to be found or any perks to be attained?
I need a tool to review. So when I searched, I saw Crucible and Fisheye. I have e few questions:
- Are Crucible and Fisheye start without Jira integration?
- Only for document review, which one should be preferred? What do you think about it?
- Am I doing import word document and export same word format? Well, when I upload a document to crucible, Is it possible to output in which format I enter? İs there a fixed format?
- Workflow-based reviews
- Quick reviews with cut-and-paste snippets
- Create reviews from the command line
- One-click reviews from changesets or issues
- Threaded comments, inline discussions