What is Atom?
Who uses Atom?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Atom in their tech stack.
I am a beginner in Python. I don't have a reliable internet connection and I own a weak hardware in my laptop. I want to go to data security after learning python. Confused between PyCharm, Sublime Text and Atom. I want to stick to one. Which should I make habit of?
I use Visual Studio Code every day, it was very refreshing coming from Atom to get a lightweight, all i need setup right out of the box.
- Atom is a desktop application based on web technologies
- Node.js integration
- Modular Design- composed of over 50 open-source packages that integrate around a minimal core
- File system browser
- Fuzzy finder for quickly opening files
- Fast project-wide search and replace
- Multiple cursors and selections
- Multiple panes
- Code folding
- A clean preferences UI
- Import TextMate grammars and themes