What is Vieb?
It is an Electron-based web browser inspired by Vim. You operate the Vieb browser in the same way you use Vim. It is minimalistic, lightweight, and easy to use.
Vieb is a tool in the Web Browser category of a tech stack.
Vieb is an open source tool with 824 GitHub stars and 44 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Vieb's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Vieb?
- Free, open source, fast and secure
- Local first adblocking, auto-complete, AMP protection, custom redirects and more, all without web requests
- Privacy with strict permission system, navigator overrides, firefox mode, custom WebRTC policy and more
- Accessible with custom themes, full interface & fontsize scaling, page zooming, spellcheck and mouse support
- Security settings with permissions, cache usage, cookie management, (auto-)download settings and more
- Window splitting with buffer, split, Vexplore and Ctrl-w bindings, for multi-window browsing
- Map commands for completely custom keyboard sequences, keystrokes, commands and actions
- Viebrc config file for all custom/Vim/Vieb commands to configure settings permanently
- Set command for runtime setting configuration exactly like Vim
- Vim-compatible options: showcmd, timeout, colorscheme, maxmapdepth, spelllang, splitright, smartcase etc
- Container tabs with colored grouping, auto-clearing, individual cookies and tab restore from containers
- Ad-blocker with optional updater and custom list support, default to: easylist and easyprivacy
- Tabs including audio indicator, a toggle for multi-line tabs, pinned tabs, muted tabs and suspended tabs
- Offline help documentation always available upon pressing F1
Vieb Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Vieb?
See all alternatives
A free and open source web browser developed by The Mozilla Foundation and its subsidiary, Mozilla Corporation. Firefox is available for Microsoft Windows, macOS, Linux, BSD, and more.
Commonly known simply as Chrome. It was first released in 2008 for Microsoft Windows, and was later ported to Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android.
It is a fast, private and secure web browser for PC and mobile. It blocks ads and trackers. It prevents you from being tracked by sneaky advertisers, malware and pop-ups.
It is a fast and secure browser designed for Windows 10. Microsoft Edge comes exclusively with Windows 10 and cannot be downloaded or installed separately. It has easy tools to preview, group, and save tabs. Quickly find, manage, and open tabs you set aside without leaving the page you’re on.
It is faster and more energy efficient than other browsers. Handy tools help you save, find, and share your favorite sites. Built-in privacy features help keep your browsing your business.
No related comparisons found