import.io vs Portia: What are the differences?
What is import.io? Extract data from the web. import.io is a free web-based platform that puts the power of the machine readable web in your hands. Using our tools you can create an API or crawl an entire website in a fraction of the time of traditional methods, no coding required.
What is Portia? Visual web scraping tool that lets you extract data without writing a single line of code. Portia is an open source tool that lets you get data from websites. It facilitates and automates the process of data extraction. This visual web scraper works straight from your browser, so you don't need to download or install anything.
import.io and Portia can be primarily classified as "Web Scraping API" tools.
Some of the features offered by import.io are:
- Real-time data extraction
- website automation
- Automatic webpage conversion into data (Magic)
On the other hand, Portia provides the following key features:
- Extracts data from websites based on visual selections by the user
- Creates generic web scrapers which are capable of extracting data from any web page with a similar structure
- Exports scraped data in CSV, JSON, JSON-lines and XML
Portia is an open source tool with 7.08K GitHub stars and 1.12K GitHub forks. Here's a link to Portia's open source repository on GitHub.