Dyn vs GoDaddy: What are the differences?
Dyn: Managed DNS, Outsourced DNS & Anycast DNS. An all-in-one Managed DNS service for your registered domain names. Dyn DNS is the perfect solution for your domain name’s DNS needs, whether it is for personal or business use. It gives you complete control over your DNS zone and its associated DNS records, complete with a simple DNS management web interface; GoDaddy: The Web's largest hosting and domain registration provider. Go Daddy makes registering Domain Names fast, simple, and affordable.
Dyn can be classified as a tool in the "DNS Management" category, while GoDaddy is grouped under "Domain Registration".
Some of the features offered by Dyn are:
- Resource Records- 75 records
- Domains/Zones- 1 Zone (yourdomain.com)
- DNS Queries per Month- 600,000
On the other hand, GoDaddy provides the following key features:
- Private Registration- Keeps your personal information private, protecting you from spam, scams and worse.
- GeoDomainMap Tool- Quickly search for and register all the available domain names for a particular area or region (e.g. CedarRapidsCreativeWriters.com).
- Internationalized Domain Names (IDN)- Register .COM, .NET, .ORG and other popular domain names in any one of over 100 native languages, ranging from Afrikaans to Vietnamese. Search using English or native character sets.
"API" is the top reason why over 5 developers like Dyn, while over 4 developers mention "Flexible payment methods for domains " as the leading cause for choosing GoDaddy.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Dyn?
What is GoDaddy?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions