Diffbot vs import.io: What are the differences?
What is Diffbot? A robot that sees the web the way people do, and helps developers extract the important parts from any web page. Our APIs use computer vision, machine learning and natural language processing to help developers extract and understand objects from any Web page. We've determined that the entire Web can be classified into approximately 18 structural page types. From this basic understanding of common page layouts, Diffbot then uses computer vision, natural language processing and other machine learning algorithms to identify and extract the important items from within these pages.
What is import.io? Extract data from the web. import.io is a free web-based platform that puts the power of the machine readable web in your hands. Using our tools you can create an API or crawl an entire website in a fraction of the time of traditional methods, no coding required.
Diffbot can be classified as a tool in the "Article API" category, while import.io is grouped under "Web Scraping API".
Some of the features offered by Diffbot are:
- The Article API is used to extract clean article text from news article web pages.
- The Follow API allows you to subscribe to the changes of any web page.
- The Frontpage API takes in a multifaceted “homepage” and returns individual page elements.
On the other hand, import.io provides the following key features:
- Real-time data extraction
- website automation
- Automatic webpage conversion into data (Magic)