Cloudmailin vs Mandrill: What are the differences?
Developers describe Cloudmailin as "Incoming Email for your Web App". CloudMailin allows you to receive any volume of incoming email via a Webhook. You are given an email address that will forward any incoming message to your app, as an HTTP POST, within milliseconds. You can also seamlessly check the delivery status of each of your incoming emails via the dashboard, bounce emails that you do not wish to receive and use your own domain name. On the other hand, Mandrill is detailed as "Send transactional, triggered, and personalized email, then track results". Mandrill is a new way for apps to send transactional email. It runs on the delivery infrastructure that powers MailChimp.
Cloudmailin and Mandrill belong to "Transactional Email" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Cloudmailin are:
- Easily receive email in Ruby on Rails, PHP, .Net, Java, Django or any language/framework we forgot. Since the email is delivered as an HTTP Post it's simple.
- See the delivery status of the emails it has delivered to your app.
- No more polling or waiting for new processes to spawn. Email can arrive in as little as a few milliseconds.
On the other hand, Mandrill provides the following key features:
- Inbound Email- Set up inboxes for Mandrill to control. When they receive email, we’ll make an API call to your app with all the relevant information, so you don’t have to worry about what’s happening behind the scenes.
- Webhooks Support- Create custom event notifications, keep track of new signups and unsubscribes in real-time, get a notice of every spam complaint so you can flag them in your database.
- Rules Engine- Modify the content of email coming through Mandrill without having to involve developers. For example, you could tell Mandrill to take any email coming from firstname.lastname@example.org, give it a new template, and add Google Analytics tracking.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Cloudmailin?
What is Mandrill?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions