Bugzilla vs OTRS Community Edition: What are the differences?
What is Bugzilla? Server software designed to help you manage software development. Bugzilla is a "Defect Tracking System" or "Bug-Tracking System". Defect Tracking Systems allow individual or groups of developers to keep track of outstanding bugs in their product effectively. Most commercial defect-tracking software vendors charge enormous licensing fees. Despite being "free", Bugzilla has many features its expensive counterparts lack.
What is OTRS Community Edition? A web-based ticketing systems used for Customer Service, Help Desk, IT Service Management. It is one of the most flexible web-based ticketing systems used for Customer Service, Help Desk, IT Service Management. With a fast implementation and easy customization to your needs it helps you reducing costs and increasing the efficiency and transparency of your business communication.
Bugzilla and OTRS Community Edition can be primarily classified as "Issue Tracking" tools.
Some of the features offered by Bugzilla are:
- Optimized database structure for increased performance and scalability
- Excellent security to protect confidentiality
- Advanced query tool that can remember your searches
On the other hand, OTRS Community Edition provides the following key features:
- Support for MIME emails with attachments
- Automatic conversion of HTML into plain text messages (increased security for sensitive content and enables faster searching)
- Incoming mail can be filtered and pre-processed with complex rules, e.g. for spam messages or Queue distribution
OTRS Community Edition is an open source tool with 670 GitHub stars and 416 GitHub forks. Here's a link to OTRS Community Edition's open source repository on GitHub.