Beta by Crashlytics vs TestFlight: What are the differences?
Developers describe Beta by Crashlytics as "Free, streamlined beta distribution for iOS/Android". A streamlined solution for distributing apps that gives you a single, cross-platform toolset for iOS and Android, and a delightful, effortless onboarding for your testers. On the other hand, TestFlight is detailed as "iOS beta testing on the fly". With TestFlight, developers simply upload a build, and the testers can install it directly from their device, over the air.
Beta by Crashlytics and TestFlight belong to "Beta Testing / Mobile App Distribution" category of the tech stack.
Some of the features offered by Beta by Crashlytics are:
- Dashboard that delivers detailed build, tester and developer information
- See the activity of both your developers and your testers. All in one screen.
- Integrated with Crashlytics- Get performance insight, starting with beta testing, all the way through App or Play store distribution.
On the other hand, TestFlight provides the following key features:
- Sessions- Discover how testers are using your application. Watch as they progress and take unexpected turns.
- Crash Reports- Reported in realtime, with environment snapshots and full session activity.
- In-App Questions- The most effective way to get tester feedback. Get the answers you need by asking questions the moment a checkpoint is passed.
"Dirt-simple integration" is the primary reason why developers consider Beta by Crashlytics over the competitors, whereas "Must have for ios development" was stated as the key factor in picking TestFlight.
Spotify, Lyft, and Square are some of the popular companies that use TestFlight, whereas Beta by Crashlytics is used by Airtasker, Farfetch, and ZeeMee. TestFlight has a broader approval, being mentioned in 313 company stacks & 65 developers stacks; compared to Beta by Crashlytics, which is listed in 19 company stacks and 9 developer stacks.