Azure Kubernetes Service vs Google Kubernetes Engine: What are the differences?
What is Azure Kubernetes Service? Simplify Kubernetes management, deployment, and operations. Fully managed Kubernetes container orchestration service on Microsoft Azure.
What is Google Kubernetes Engine? Deploy, manage, and scale containerized applications on Kubernetes, powered by Google Cloud. Container Engine takes care of provisioning and maintaining the underlying virtual machine cluster, scaling your application, and operational logistics like logging, monitoring, and health management.
Azure Kubernetes Service and Google Kubernetes Engine can be categorized as "Containers as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Kubernetes Service are:
- Deploy and manage Kubernetes with ease
- Scale and run applications with confidence
- Secure your Kubernetes environment
On the other hand, Google Kubernetes Engine provides the following key features:
- Docker support - Improve the predictability of your deployments with Docker containers. Containers make it easy to deploy applications across environments.
- Better ops - Give ops a better system, starting with a managed compute cluster. Container Engine takes care of provisioning and maintaining the underlying virtual machines and operational logistics like logging, monitoring, and health management.
- Declarative management - Use declarative syntax to define your application requirements. Container Engine will actively manage your application, ensuring your containers are running and scheduling additional as needed.
Shopify, 9GAG, and Resultados Digitais are some of the popular companies that use Google Kubernetes Engine, whereas Azure Kubernetes Service is used by Cuemby, Veris, and Universal Electronics Inc.. Google Kubernetes Engine has a broader approval, being mentioned in 184 company stacks & 50 developers stacks; compared to Azure Kubernetes Service, which is listed in 10 company stacks and 9 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Azure Kubernetes Service?
What is Google Kubernetes Engine?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions