Azure Communication Services vs Layer: What are the differences?
What is Azure Communication Services? Communication APIs powered by Microsoft. It brings rich communication APIs to all your applications across any device, on any platform, using the same reliable and secure infrastructure that powers Microsoft Teams.
What is Layer? Build messaging, voice and video right into your app in minutes. Layer's asynchronous messaging fabric is capable of transporting payloads of any type. Get your users talking with chat, voice or video messaging. Pull them back in with push. Connect friends, colleagues or perfect strangers seamlessly.
Azure Communication Services and Layer can be categorized as "Communications SDK" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Communication Services are:
- Reach customers anywhere with a fully managed communication platform
- Scale with a global platform used by Microsoft Teams
- Build on a secure and compliant cloud
On the other hand, Layer provides the following key features:
- Send any message payload (photos, videos, location, json data, etc) up to 2GB
- Build your UI quickly with sample UI components to get started
- User-expected communication features work right out of the box (full message state tracking, typing indicators, read receipts)