Amazon SES vs Mailjet: What are the differences?
Developers describe Amazon SES as "Bulk and transactional email-sending service". Amazon SES eliminates the complexity and expense of building an in-house email solution or licensing, installing, and operating a third-party email service. The service integrates with other AWS services, making it easy to send emails from applications being hosted on services such as Amazon EC2. On the other hand, Mailjet is detailed as "Email delivery made easy". Mailjet is a real-time Cloud Emailing platform: scalable, agile and flexible. Our unique algorithm boosts your deliverability and our platform provides in-depth insight so you can optimize more than ever.
Amazon SES and Mailjet can be primarily classified as "Transactional Email" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon SES are:
- Simple – Amazon SES eliminates the complexity of licensing, installing, and operating a third-party service, or building and maintaining an internally hosted email solution. Sending email through Amazon SES is as simple as using SMTP or calling an API, and Amazon SES makes it easy for you to monitor your sending activity and deliverability statistics.
- Inexpensive – There are no up-front fees or fixed expenses with Amazon SES, and you benefit from the efficiencies of Amazon’s scale. Your only costs are low charges for the number of emails sent and data transfer fees.
- Reliable – Amazon SES runs within Amazon’s proven network infrastructure and datacenters. All outgoing email messages are stored redundantly across multiple servers and datacenters, providing high availability and data durability.
On the other hand, Mailjet provides the following key features:
- Easy 3 minute set-up: Change one SMTP parameter on your website and you are ready to use Mailjet.
- Real-time efficiency: View the charts, tables and status of your emails sent as they change in real-time, providing you with full transparency.
- Increased deliverability: Our unique algorithms ensure emails are routed via the most effective IP address. Our partner Return Path (TM) enables us to dynamically measure and manage IP reputation.
"Reliable" is the top reason why over 99 developers like Amazon SES, while over 5 developers mention "simple" as the leading cause for choosing Mailjet.
According to the StackShare community, Amazon SES has a broader approval, being mentioned in 1291 company stacks & 284 developers stacks; compared to Mailjet, which is listed in 55 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.