What is Sencha Touch?
Sencha Touch 2, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform. Built for enabling world-class user experiences, Sencha Touch 2 is the only framework that enables developers to build fast and impressive apps that work on iOS, Android, BlackBerry, Kindle Fire, and more.
Sencha Touch is a tool in the Cross-Platform Mobile Development category of a tech stack.
Who uses Sencha Touch?
11 companies reportedly use Sencha Touch in their tech stacks, including Samsviran, Telstra, and wedontuse.
62 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Sencha Touch.
Sencha Touch Integrations
Pros of Sencha Touch
Rich Charting Components
Mobile oriented theme
Easy Data Binding
Sencha Touch's Features
- Built on HTML5 Technology- Sencha Touch 2, a high-performance HTML5 mobile application framework, is the cornerstone of the Sencha HTML5 platform.
- Smoother Scrolling and Animations- Sencha Touch 2 provides a user experience unparalleled in HTML5. Fluid Adaptive Layouts- Sencha Touch’s novel layout engine leverages HTML5 in powerful ways to let developers build complex applications that respond, load, and layout in a snap.
- Navigation View- The new Navigation View component makes it easy to make applications that feature beautiful animated transitions between screens as well as providing automatic back button management.
- Class System- Sencha Touch 2 builds on the class system from Ext JS 4. Developers can take advantage of powerful features like dynamic loading and mixins, all making it easy to create minified custom builds for your application.
- Component DataView- The new Component DataView enables you to build beautiful interfaces based on a Model and a Store. It’s easy to create a template that has full featured components instead of simple HTML templates so you can bind, listen, and control components inside of a DataView.
- Advanced List Plugins- Lists are one of the most popular components in Sencha Touch, and with 2.0 we’ve updated two of the most powerful plugins: Pull to Refresh and Load More. These plugins, activated with a single line of code, deliver a fantastic List experience out of the box.
- Infinite Carousel- Carousels are a great way of showing multiple screens of information in a constrained space. In Sencha Touch 2 they get even more powerful, with a data-bound Carousel supporting an infinite number of items. No need to worry about performance, or memory — Sencha Touch manages it for you, so scrolling is consistently smooth.
- Config System- Sencha Touch 2 has a great API thanks largely to its config system. Almost any configuration of any component can be changed at run time, with a consistent and predictable API.
- AJAX - Sencha Touch provides full AJAX support, including CORS and JSON-P
- DOM manipulation - Full DOM manipulation support available
- Feature Detection - Automatically detects the presence of features like geolocation, canvas and orientation support
- Geolocation - Provides a simple wrapper around geolocation on devices that support it
- Icons - 300 icons included
- Example apps - 8 full example apps included
- Touch events - Provides a full range of touch events and gestures like tap, swipe and pinch
Sencha Touch Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Sencha Touch?
See all alternatives
Xamarin’s Mono-based products enable .NET developers to use their existing code, libraries and tools (including Visual Studio*), as well as skills in .NET and the C# programming language, to create mobile applications for the industry’s most widely-used mobile devices, including Android-based smartphones and tablets, iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch.
jQuery Mobile is a HTML5-based user interface system designed to make responsive web sites and apps that are accessible on all smartphone, tablet and desktop devices.
Appcelerator is the first mobile platform to combine the flexibility of open source development technologies with the power of cloud services.