What is Saleor?
Saleor is a rapidly-growing open source e-commerce platform that has served high-volume companies from branches like publishing and apparel since 2012. Based on Python and Django, the latest major update introduces a modular front end powered by a GraphQL API and written with React and TypeScript.
Saleor is a tool in the Ecommerce category of a tech stack.
Saleor is an open source tool with 19 GitHub stars and 12 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Saleor's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Saleor?
5 companies reportedly use Saleor in their tech stacks, including Mirumee Software, Lush Labs, and Tech Stack.
74 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Saleor.
Python, React, TypeScript, Django, and GraphQL are some of the popular tools that integrate with Saleor. Here's a list of all 6 tools that integrate with Saleor.
Pros of Saleor
- PWA: End users can shop offline for better sales and shopping experiences
- GraphQL API: Access all data from any web or mobile client using the latest technology
- Headless commerce: Build mobile apps, customize storefronts and externalize processes
- UX and UI: Designed for a user experience that rivals even the top commercial platforms
- Dashboard: Administrators have total control of users, processes and products
- Orders: A comprehensive system for orders, dispatch and refunds
- Cart: Advanced payment and tax options, with full control over discounts and promotions
- Payments: Flexible API architecture allows integration of any payment method. Comes with Braintree support out of the box.
- Geo-adaptive: Automatic localized pricing. Over 20 local languages. Localized checkout experience by country.
- SEO: Packed with features that get stores to a wider audience
- Cloud: Optimized for deployments using Docker
- Analytics: Server-side Google Analytics to report e-commerce metrics without affecting privacy
Saleor Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Saleor?
See all alternatives
Magento Community Edition is perfect if you’re a developer who wants to build your own solution with flexible eCommerce technology. You can modify the core code and add a wide variety of features and functionality.
WooCommerce is the most popular WordPress eCommerce plugin. And it's available for free. Packed full of features, perfectly integrated into your self-hosted WordPress website.
Shopify powers tens of thousands of online retailers including General Electric, Amnesty International, CrossFit, Tesla Motors, Encyclopaedia Britannica, Foo Fighters, GitHub, and more. Our platform allows users to easily and quickly create their own online store without all the technical work involved in developing their own website, or the huge expense of having someone else build it. Shopify lets merchants manage all aspects of their shops: uploading products, changing the design, accepting credit card orders, and viewing their incoming orders and completed transactions.
The Spree storefront offers a full feature set and is built on common standards, so you don't have to compromise speed to market, efficiency or innovation. The modular platform allows you to easily configure, supplement or replace any functionality you need, so that you can build the exact storefront that you want.
It is an API-first, modular commerce stack made for ambitious brands and retailers. It’s service-based architecture is built to deliver flexibility and freedom at scale.