What is Octopress?
Octopress is an obsessively designed framework for Jekyll blogging. It’s easy to configure and easy to deploy.
Octopress is a tool in the Static Site Generators category of a tech stack.
Octopress is an open source tool with 9.3K GitHub stars and 2.7K GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Octopress's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Octopress?
8 companies reportedly use Octopress in their tech stacks, including Stormpath, Love With Food, and Cage Data, Inc..
37 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Octopress.
- Octopress sports a clean responsive theme written in semantic HTML5, focused on readability and friendliness toward mobile devices.
- Code blogging is easy and beautiful. Embed code (with Solarized styling) in your posts from gists, jsFiddle or from your filesystem.
- Third party integration is simple with built-in support for Pinboard, Delicious, GitHub Repositories, Disqus Comments and Google Analytics.
- It's easy to use. A collection of rake tasks simplifies development and makes deploying a cinch.
- Ships with great plug-ins some original and others from the Jekyll community — tested and improved.
Octopress Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Octopress?
See all alternatives
Hexo is a fast, simple and powerful blog framework. It parses your posts with Markdown or other render engine and generates static files with the beautiful theme. All of these just take seconds.
Think of Jekyll as a file-based CMS, without all the complexity. Jekyll takes your content, renders Markdown and Liquid templates, and spits out a complete, static website ready to be served by Apache, Nginx or another web server. Jekyll is the engine behind GitHub Pages, which you can use to host sites right from your GitHub repositories.
The core software is built by hundreds of community volunteers, and when you’re ready for more there are thousands of plugins and themes available to transform your site into almost anything you can imagine. Over 60 million people have chosen WordPress to power the place on the web they call “home” — we’d love you to join the family.
Gatsby lets you build blazing fast sites with your data, whatever the source. Liberate your sites from legacy CMSs and fly into the future.
Hugo is a static site generator written in Go. It is optimized for speed, easy use and configurability. Hugo takes a directory with content and templates and renders them into a full html website. Hugo makes use of markdown files with front matter for meta data.