What is Kahlan?
It is a full-featured Unit & BDD test framework a la RSpec/JSpec which uses a describe-it syntax and moves testing in PHP one step forward.
Kahlan is a tool in the Testing Frameworks category of a tech stack.
Kahlan is an open source tool with 1.1K GitHub stars and 65 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Kahlan's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Kahlan?
- RSpec/JSpec syntax
- Code Coverage metrics (xdebug or phpdbg required)
- Handy stubbing system (mockery or prophecy are no longer needed)
- Set stubs on your class methods directly (i.e allows dynamic mocking)
- Ability to Monkey Patch your code (i.e. allows replacement of core functions/classes on the fly)
- Check called methods on your classes/instances
- Built-in Reporters (Terminal or HTML reporting through istanbul or lcov)
- Built-in Exporters (Coveralls, Code Climate, Scrutinizer, Clover)
- Extensible, customizable workflow
Kahlan Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Kahlan?
See all alternatives
PHPUnit is a programmer-oriented testing framework for PHP. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
JUnit is a simple framework to write repeatable tests. It is an instance of the xUnit architecture for unit testing frameworks.
Cucumber is a tool that supports Behaviour-Driven Development (BDD) - a software development process that aims to enhance software quality and reduce maintenance costs.
It is a mocking framework that tastes really good. It lets you write beautiful tests with a clean & simple API. It doesn’t give you hangover because the tests are very readable and they produce clean verification errors.
Behaviour Driven Development for Ruby. Making TDD Productive and Fun.