What is FastAPI?
Who uses FastAPI?
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose FastAPI in their tech stack.
Not sure if we should use DRF or FastAPI. I hear many good things about FastAPI, but it doesn't seem to have a big community. Most important things for us: - speed - ease of development - scalability & security
We're likely going to use MongoDB, so not sure if that changes anything. Would appreciate any help!
I'm a Data Engineer, looking to build some web apps in my spare time, especially on weekends. I'm debating between choosing Django over FastAPI. What I am pondering are performance, development speed, ease of management, scalability, and support if I ever need to use another frontend framework (eg React). Please help me with advice, I would appreciate it!
I need to build a full authentication and authorisation service, one of many services in my application. I am deciding between Django and FastAPI to implement this service. The full scope of the service will be authentication, roles and permissions.
My major concerns are developer experience and time savings. Please advise with reasons to choose one over the other.
- Very high performance, on par with NodeJS and Go
- Increase the speed to develop features by about 200% to 300%
- Reduce about 40% of human (developer) induced errors
- Great editor support. Completion everywhere. Less time debugging
- Designed to be easy to use and learn. Less time reading docs
- Minimize code duplication. Multiple features from each parameter declaration. Fewer bugs
- Get production-ready code. With automatic interactive documentation