What is FastAPI?
It is a modern, fast (high-performance), web framework for building APIs with Python 3.6+ based on standard Python type hints.
FastAPI is a tool in the Microframeworks (Backend) category of a tech stack.
FastAPI is an open source tool with GitHub stars and GitHub forks. Here’s a link to FastAPI's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses FastAPI?
13 companies reportedly use FastAPI in their tech stacks, including Primer, Sendcloud, and OnlineDoctor.
37 developers on StackShare have stated that they use FastAPI.
Jobs that mention FastAPI as a desired skillset
See all jobs
Delivery Hero SE
Germany City Berlin
- Very high performance, on par with NodeJS and Go
- Increase the speed to develop features by about 200% to 300%
- Reduce about 40% of human (developer) induced errors
- Great editor support. Completion everywhere. Less time debugging
- Designed to be easy to use and learn. Less time reading docs
- Minimize code duplication. Multiple features from each parameter declaration. Fewer bugs
- Get production-ready code. With automatic interactive documentation
FastAPI Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to FastAPI?
See all alternatives
Express is a minimal and flexible node.js web application framework, providing a robust set of features for building single and multi-page, and hybrid web applications.
Flask is intended for getting started very quickly and was developed with best intentions in mind.
Django REST framework
It is a powerful and flexible toolkit that makes it easy to build Web APIs.
Sinatra is a DSL for quickly creating web applications in Ruby with minimal effort.
Koa aims to be a smaller, more expressive, and more robust foundation for web applications and APIs. Through leveraging generators Koa allows you to ditch callbacks and greatly increase error-handling. Koa does not bundle any middleware.
No related comparisons found