What is EmailEngine?
It is a self-hosted open-source application that provides a REST interface on top of any email account you have access to read and send emails. Combining these features would give you a similar email sending experience you'd get from a transactional email service.
EmailEngine is a tool in the Transactional Email category of a tech stack.
EmailEngine is an open source tool with 1.1K GitHub stars and 67 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to EmailEngine's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses EmailEngine?
- It allows simple access to IMAP accounts via REST based API. No need to know IMAP or MIME internals, you get a "normal" API with paged message listings
- All text (that is subjects, email addresses, text and html content etc) is utf-8. Attachments are automatically decoded to binary representation
- Whenever something happens on tracked accounts EmailEngine posts notification over a webhook. This includes new messages, deleted messages and message flag changes
- Easy email sending. If you specify the message you are responding to or forwarding then EmailEngine sets all required headers, updates references message's flags in IMAP and also uploads message to the Sent Mail folder after sending
- No data ever leaves your system (read about data and security compliance here)
- If you are running into IP based rate limiting then EmailEngine can make use of multiple local network interfaces to make connections from different IP addresses
EmailEngine Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to EmailEngine?
See all alternatives
Twilio SendGrid's cloud-based email infrastructure relieves businesses of the cost and complexity of maintaining custom email systems. Twilio SendGrid provides reliable delivery, scalability & real-time analytics along with flexible API's.
Amazon SES eliminates the complexity and expense of building an in-house email solution or licensing, installing, and operating a third-party email service. The service integrates with other AWS services, making it easy to send emails from applications being hosted on services such as Amazon EC2.
Mailgun is a set of powerful APIs that allow you to send, receive, track and store email effortlessly.
Mandrill is a new way for apps to send transactional email. It runs on the delivery infrastructure that powers MailChimp.
Postmark removes the headaches of delivering and parsing email for webapps with minimal setup time and zero maintenance.
No related comparisons found