What is AWS Import/Export?
Import/Export supports importing and exporting data into and out of Amazon S3 buckets. For significant data sets, AWS Import/Export is often faster than Internet transfer and more cost effective than upgrading your connectivity.
AWS Import/Export is a tool in the Data Transfer category of a tech stack.
Who uses AWS Import/Export?
4 developers on StackShare have stated that they use AWS Import/Export.
AWS Import/Export Integrations
AWS Import/Export's Features
- Data Migration – If you have data you need to upload into the AWS cloud for the first time, AWS Import/Export is often much faster than transferring that data via the Internet.
- Content Distribution – Send data to your customers on portable storage devices.
- Direct Data Interchange – If you regularly receive content on portable storage devices from your business associates, you can have them send it directly to AWS for import into Amazon S3 or Amazon EBS.
- Offsite Backup – Send full or incremental backups to Amazon S3 and Amazon Glacier for reliable and redundant offsite storage.
- Disaster Recovery – In the event you need to quickly retrieve a large backup stored in Amazon S3, use AWS Import/Export to transfer the data to a portable storage device and deliver it to your site.
AWS Import/Export Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to AWS Import/Export?
See all alternatives
AWS Data Pipeline
AWS Data Pipeline is a web service that provides a simple management system for data-driven workflows. Using AWS Data Pipeline, you define a pipeline composed of the “data sources” that contain your data, the “activities” or business logic such as EMR jobs or SQL queries, and the “schedule” on which your business logic executes. For example, you could define a job that, every hour, runs an Amazon Elastic MapReduce (Amazon EMR)–based analysis on that hour’s Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) log data, loads the results into a relational database for future lookup, and then automatically sends you a daily summary email.
It is an open-source bulk data loader that helps data transfer between various databases, storages, file formats, and cloud services.
It is a .NET library that can read/write Office formats without Microsoft Office installed. No COM+, no interop.
Google BigQuery Data Transfer Service
BigQuery Data Transfer Service lets you focus your efforts on analyzing your data. You can setup a data transfer with a few clicks. Your analytics team can lay the foundation for a data warehouse without writing a single line of code.
A cloud-based solution engineered to fill the gaps between cloud applications. The software utilizes Intelligent 2-way Contact Sync technology to sync contacts in real-time between your favorite CRM and marketing apps.