What is Amazon WorkSpaces?
With a few clicks in the AWS Management Console, customers can provision a high-quality desktop experience for any number of users at a cost that is highly competitive with traditional desktops and half the cost of most virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solutions. End-users can access the documents, applications and resources they need with the device of their choice, including laptops, iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android tablets.
Amazon WorkSpaces is a tool in the Virtual Desktop category of a tech stack.
Who uses Amazon WorkSpaces?
8 companies reportedly use Amazon WorkSpaces in their tech stacks, including Amazon, Buzzvil, and READYFOR.
45 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Amazon WorkSpaces.
Amazon WorkSpaces Integrations
Amazon WorkSpaces's Features
- Support Multiple Devices- Users can access their Amazon WorkSpaces using their choice of device, such as a laptop computer (Mac OS or Windows), iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android tablet.
- Keep Your Data Secure and Available- Amazon WorkSpaces provides each user with access to persistent storage in the AWS cloud. When users access their desktops using Amazon WorkSpaces, you control whether your corporate data is stored on multiple client devices, helping you keep your data secure.
- Choose the Hardware and Software you need- Amazon WorkSpaces offers a choice of bundles providing different amounts of CPU, memory, and storage so you can match your Amazon WorkSpaces to your requirements. Amazon WorkSpaces offers preinstalled applications (including Microsoft Office) or you can bring your own licensed software.
- Pay as You Go- Amazon WorkSpaces requires no upfront investment and features pay as you go pricing. With a few clicks, you can provision the number of desktops you require and you pay only for what you use.
- Integrate your Corporate Directory- Amazon WorkSpaces securely integrates with your corporate Active Directory so that your users can continue using their existing enterprise credentials to seamlessly access company resources.
Amazon WorkSpaces Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Amazon WorkSpaces?
It is a web service that provides resizable compute capacity in the cloud. It is designed to make web-scale computing easier for developers.
VMware Horizon Suite
Stimulate workforce productivity by delivering a consistent, intuitive, and collaborative computing experience across all devices—anytime, anywhere. Manage, secure and back up end-user assets and applications from one place. Protect against compliance risk with policy-driven access. Streamline and simplify operations by turning disparate operating systems, applications, and data into centralized services delivered on any device.