What is Adobe ColdFusion?
Who uses Adobe ColdFusion?
Adobe ColdFusion Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Adobe ColdFusion in their tech stack.
I have a client who currently has a Adobe ColdFusion 8 based web application. It is very modest and is only used by one or two people. It is primarily used for editing very basic data (e.g. a few text fields and text boxes for various entities). I have no experience with ColdFusion, but it seems like it would be better to go with some other technologies/stacks/etc. to do such a thing, especially given that there is a significant upfront cost to ColdFusion. It doesn't seem to be a very "popular" "framework" to use, and it would be harder to find support for it, down the road. Any recommendations about a good set of tech/framework to use for a simple CRUD application? I was thinking of perhaps looking into Flask with Python, or Django. Any thoughts?
Adobe ColdFusion's Features
- Simplified database access
- Client and server cache management
- Client-side code generation, especially for form widgets and validation
- Conversion from HTML to PDF
- Data retrieval from common enterprise systems such as Active Directory, LDAP, SMTP, POP, HTTP, FTP, Microsoft Exchange Server and common data formats such as RSS and Atom
- File indexing and searching service based on Apache Solr
- GUI administration
- Server, application, client, session, and request scopes
- XML parsing, querying (XPath), validation and transformation (XSLT)
- Server clustering
- Task scheduling
- Graphing and reporting
- Simplified file manipulation including raster graphics (and CAPTCHA) and zip archives (introduction of video manipulation is planned in a future release)
- Simplified web service implementation (with automated WSDL generation / transparent SOAP handling for both creating and consuming services
- Asynchronous programming, using Futures
- Command line REPL
- Distributed cache support (Redis, memcached, JCS)
- REST playground capability
- Performance Monitoring Toolset
- API Manager
- NTLM support
- Swagger document generation
- Support for HTML5 web sockets