What is SurrealDB?
SurrealDB is a newsql multi-model database, that operates in schemafull or schemaless mode, with tables, inter-document record links (no JOINs), and graph database modelling functionality.
SurrealDB is a tool in the Databases category of a tech stack.
SurrealDB is an open source tool with 18.3K GitHub stars and 440 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to SurrealDB's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses SurrealDB?
15 developers on StackShare have stated that they use SurrealDB.
- Database server, or embedded library
- Multi-row, multi-table ACID transactions
- Single-node, or highly-scalable distributed mode
- Record links and directed typed graph connections
- Store structured and unstructured data
- Incrementally computed views for pre-computed advanced analytics
- Realtime-api layer, and security permissions built in
- Store and model data in any way with tables, documents, and graph
- Simple schema definition for frontend and backend development
- Connect and query directly from web-browsers and client devices
SurrealDB Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to SurrealDB?
See all alternatives
The MySQL software delivers a very fast, multi-threaded, multi-user, and robust SQL (Structured Query Language) database server. MySQL Server is intended for mission-critical, heavy-load production systems as well as for embedding into mass-deployed software.
PostgreSQL is an advanced object-relational database management system that supports an extended subset of the SQL standard, including transactions, foreign keys, subqueries, triggers, user-defined types and functions.
MongoDB stores data in JSON-like documents that can vary in structure, offering a dynamic, flexible schema. MongoDB was also designed for high availability and scalability, with built-in replication and auto-sharding.
Firebase is a cloud service designed to power real-time, collaborative applications. Simply add the Firebase library to your application to gain access to a shared data structure; any changes you make to that data are automatically synchronized with the Firebase cloud and with other clients within milliseconds.
Microsoft SQL Server
Microsoft® SQL Server is a database management and analysis system for e-commerce, line-of-business, and data warehousing solutions.
No related comparisons found