pkg vs Polly.JS: What are the differences?
What is pkg? Package your Node.js project into an executable. This command line interface enables you to package your Node.js project into an executable that can be run even on devices without Node.js installed.
Some of the features offered by pkg are:
- Make a commercial version of your application without sources
- Make a demo/evaluation/trial version of your app without sources
- Instantly make executables for other platforms (cross-compilation)
On the other hand, Polly.JS provides the following key features:
- 🚀 Fetch & XHR Support
- ⚡️️ Simple, Powerful, & Intuitive API
- 💎 First Class Mocha & QUnit Test Helpers
pkg and Polly.JS are both open source tools. It seems that pkg with 13.9K GitHub stars and 524 forks on GitHub has more adoption than Polly.JS with 7.75K GitHub stars and 219 GitHub forks.