Equinix Metal vs Flow: What are the differences?
Equinix Metal: Global, automated, and interconnected bare metal on Platform Equinix. As part of Equinix — the world’s digital infrastructure company — we provide automated & interconnected infrastructure. Formerly Packet, now Equinix Metal™; Flow: Simple project and task management for busy teams. Flow is an online collaboration platform that makes it easy for people to create, organize, discuss, and accomplish tasks with anyone, anytime, anywhere. By merging a sleek, intuitive interface with powerful functionality, we're out to revolutionize the way the world's productive teams get things done.
Equinix Metal and Flow are primarily classified as "Cloud Hosting" and "Project Management" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Equinix Metal are:
- Automated bare metal
- Native Equinix Fabric integration
- AMD, Arm and Intel Configs
On the other hand, Flow provides the following key features:
- Simple Project Management- Visually plan and organize all of your projects as lists or cards on kanban boards
- Team Collaboration- Invite anyone to collaborate on a task whether they have an account or not.
- Live Updates- With Flow, updates happen in real-time so everyone’s always up-to-speed.
"No multi tenancy" is the top reason why over 2 developers like Equinix Metal, while over 5 developers mention "Great for collaboration" as the leading cause for choosing Flow.
According to the StackShare community, Flow has a broader approval, being mentioned in 13 company stacks & 24 developers stacks; compared to Equinix Metal, which is listed in 13 company stacks and 21 developer stacks.