Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Embulk vs Swagger Codegen: What are the differences?
Developers describe Embulk as "Bulk data loader that helps data transfer between various databases". It is an open-source bulk data loader that helps data transfer between various databases, storages, file formats, and cloud services. On the other hand, Swagger Codegen is detailed as "*Generate API clients or server stubs for REST API *". It is an open source project which allows generation of API client libraries (SDK generation), server stubs, and documentation automatically from an OpenAPI Specification.
Embulk can be classified as a tool in the "Data Transfer" category, while Swagger Codegen is grouped under "API Tools".
Some of the features offered by Embulk are:
- Automatic guessing of input file formats
- Parallel & distributed execution to deal with big data sets
- Transaction control to guarantee All-or-Nothing
On the other hand, Swagger Codegen provides the following key features:
- Generate client SDKs in over 40 different languages for end developers to easily integrate with your API
- Always updated with the latest and greatest changes in the programming world
- Remove tedious plumbing and configuration by generating boilerplate server code in over 20 different languages
Embulk and Swagger Codegen are both open source tools. It seems that Swagger Codegen with 10.1K GitHub stars and 4.75K forks on GitHub has more adoption than Embulk with 1.33K GitHub stars and 167 GitHub forks.
Pros of Embulk
Pros of Swagger Codegen
- SDK Generation1