Buildkite vs Travis CI: What are the differences?
Buildkite: Fast, secure and scalable CI/CD for all your software projects. CI and build automation tool that combines the power of your own build infrastructure with the convenience of a managed, centralized web UI. Used by Shopify, Basecamp, Digital Ocean, Venmo, Cochlear, Bugsnag and more; Travis CI: A hosted continuous integration service for open source and private projects. Free for open source projects, our CI environment provides multiple runtimes (e.g. Node.js or PHP versions), data stores and so on. Because of this, hosting your project on travis-ci.com means you can effortlessly test your library or applications against multiple runtimes and data stores without even having all of them installed locally.
Buildkite and Travis CI can be categorized as "Continuous Integration" tools.
Some of the features offered by Buildkite are:
- Fast and stable builds
- Open source agent runs on almost any machine and architecture
- Freedom to use your own internal or pre-release tools and services
On the other hand, Travis CI provides the following key features:
- Easy Setup- Getting started with Travis CI is as easy as enabling a project, adding basic build instructions to your project and committing code.
- Supports Your Platform- Lots of databases and services are pre-installed and can simply be enabled in your build configuration, we'll launch them for you automatically. MySQL, PostgreSQL, ElasticSearch, Redis, Riak, RabbitMQ, Memcached are available by default.
- Deploy With Confidence- Deploying to production after a successful build is as easy as setting up a bit of configuration, and we'll deploy your code to Heroku, Engine Yard Cloud, Nodejitsu, cloudControl, OpenShift, and CloudFoundry.
"Great customer support" is the top reason why over 17 developers like Buildkite, while over 505 developers mention "Github integration" as the leading cause for choosing Travis CI.
Lyft, Heroku, and Rainist are some of the popular companies that use Travis CI, whereas Buildkite is used by Shopify, 99designs, and Teleport. Travis CI has a broader approval, being mentioned in 670 company stacks & 624 developers stacks; compared to Buildkite, which is listed in 37 company stacks and 7 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Buildkite?
What is Travis CI?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions