Basecamp vs Pivotal Tracker: What are the differences?
Basecamp: The leading web-based project management and collaboration tool. Basecamp is a project management and group collaboration tool. The tool includes features for schedules, tasks, files, and messages; Pivotal Tracker: Build better software, faster. Collaborative, lightweight agile project management tool, brought to you by the experts in agile software development.
Basecamp and Pivotal Tracker are primarily classified as "Project Management" and "Agile Project Management" tools respectively.
Some of the features offered by Basecamp are:
- Basecamp is super fast and famously easy to use.
- Basecamp helps you get caught up if you’ve been away.
- Have full control of who sees which projects.
On the other hand, Pivotal Tracker provides the following key features:
- Tracker Story- simple story editing and drag-and-drop prioritization
- Velocity and Emergent Iterations- Tracker calculates future iterations automatically, based on historical performance.
- Release and Scope Management- Completion dates are calculated automatically, based on velocity - your live measure of historical performance. See impact on scope as new stories are added immediately, and move stories around easily via drag and drop as priorities change.
"Team collaboration (non-tech)" is the top reason why over 67 developers like Basecamp, while over 70 developers mention "Agile" as the leading cause for choosing Pivotal Tracker.
According to the StackShare community, Pivotal Tracker has a broader approval, being mentioned in 198 company stacks & 55 developers stacks; compared to Basecamp, which is listed in 124 company stacks and 53 developer stacks.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
Sign up to add or upvote consMake informed product decisions
What is Basecamp?
What is Pivotal Tracker?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions