Azure Machine Learning vs GraphLab Create: What are the differences?
Developers describe Azure Machine Learning as "A fully-managed cloud service for predictive analytics". Azure Machine Learning is a fully-managed cloud service that enables data scientists and developers to efficiently embed predictive analytics into their applications, helping organizations use massive data sets and bring all the benefits of the cloud to machine learning. On the other hand, GraphLab Create is detailed as "Machine learning platform that enables data scientists and app developers to easily create intelligent apps at scale". Building an intelligent, predictive application involves iterating over multiple steps: cleaning the data, developing features, training a model, and creating and maintaining a predictive service. GraphLab Create does all of this in one platform. It is easy to use, fast, and powerful.
Azure Machine Learning and GraphLab Create can be categorized as "Machine Learning as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Azure Machine Learning are:
- Designed for new and experienced users
- Proven algorithms from MS Research, Xbox and Bing
- First class support for the open source language R
On the other hand, GraphLab Create provides the following key features:
- Analyze terabyte scale data at interactive speeds, on your desktop.
- A Single platform for tabular data, graphs, text, and images.
- State of the art machine learning algorithms including deep learning, boosted trees, and factorization machines.