Amazon WorkSpaces vs Cloud9 IDE: What are the differences?
Amazon WorkSpaces can be classified as a tool in the "Virtual Desktop" category, while Cloud9 IDE is grouped under "Cloud IDE".
Some of the features offered by Amazon WorkSpaces are:
- Support Multiple Devices- Users can access their Amazon WorkSpaces using their choice of device, such as a laptop computer (Mac OS or Windows), iPad, Kindle Fire, or Android tablet.
- Keep Your Data Secure and Available- Amazon WorkSpaces provides each user with access to persistent storage in the AWS cloud. When users access their desktops using Amazon WorkSpaces, you control whether your corporate data is stored on multiple client devices, helping you keep your data secure.
- Choose the Hardware and Software you need- Amazon WorkSpaces offers a choice of bundles providing different amounts of CPU, memory, and storage so you can match your Amazon WorkSpaces to your requirements. Amazon WorkSpaces offers preinstalled applications (including Microsoft Office) or you can bring your own licensed software.
On the other hand, Cloud9 IDE provides the following key features:
- Real-time collaboration and chat
- Connect via SSH and FTP
- Code Completion (suggestions)
LinkedIn, Heroku, and Salesforce are some of the popular companies that use Cloud9 IDE, whereas Amazon WorkSpaces is used by HigherMe, Amazon, and Shelf. Cloud9 IDE has a broader approval, being mentioned in 29 company stacks & 40 developers stacks; compared to Amazon WorkSpaces, which is listed in 5 company stacks and 6 developer stacks.