Amazon RDS vs TrueVault: What are the differences?
Amazon RDS: Set up, operate, and scale a relational database in the cloud. Amazon RDS gives you access to the capabilities of a familiar MySQL, Oracle or Microsoft SQL Server database engine. This means that the code, applications, and tools you already use today with your existing databases can be used with Amazon RDS. Amazon RDS automatically patches the database software and backs up your database, storing the backups for a user-defined retention period and enabling point-in-time recovery. You benefit from the flexibility of being able to scale the compute resources or storage capacity associated with your Database Instance (DB Instance) via a single API call; TrueVault: HIPAA compliant Database as a Service. TrueVault was built to help startups simplify the complexities of HIPAA. TrueVault will save you hundreds of dev hours. Focus on building your software's core functionality, and let TrueVault protect your data at HIPAA-security levels.
Amazon RDS and TrueVault can be categorized as "SQL Database as a Service" tools.
Some of the features offered by Amazon RDS are:
- Pre-configured Parameters
- Monitoring and Metrics
- Automatic Software Patching
On the other hand, TrueVault provides the following key features:
- HIPAA Compliant - We handle all of the technical requirements mandated by the HIPAA Security Rule. Typical integration takes days and saves months of dev time.
- Built for Developers- Store and search protected health information (PHI) in any file format with a simple RESTful API. No pre-defined schemas to follow.
- BAA + Insurance - TrueVault will sign a Business Associate Agreement (BAA), and protects customers under a comprehensive Privacy/Data Breach insurance policy.
Sign up to add or upvote prosMake informed product decisions
What is Amazon RDS?
What is TrueVault?
Need advice about which tool to choose?Ask the StackShare community!
What companies use TrueVault?
Sign up to get full access to all the companiesMake informed product decisions
What tools integrate with TrueVault?
Sign up to get full access to all the tool integrationsMake informed product decisions