What is Deis?
Deis can deploy any application or service that can run inside a Docker container. In order to be scaled horizontally, applications must follow Heroku's 12-factor methodology and store state in external backing services.
Deis is a tool in the Platform as a Service category of a tech stack.
Deis is an open source tool with 6.1K GitHub stars and 849 GitHub forks. Here’s a link to Deis's open source repository on GitHub
Who uses Deis?
5 companies reportedly use Deis in their tech stacks, including Lendico Brasil, Hazeorid, and TBR.
23 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Deis.
- Deis can deploy any language or framework using a Dockerfile
- If you don't have a Dockerfile, Deis includes Heroku buildpacks for Ruby, Python, Node.js, Java, Clojure, Scala, Play, PHP, Perl, Dart and Go.
- Deis can be deployed on any system that supports CoreOS including your workstation, as well as most public clouds, private clouds and bare metal.
- Deploy any language or framework with a simple “git push”. Use Deis to promote existing Docker images through a CI/CD pipeline.
- Choose your hosting provider configuration. Integrate Deis with the monitoring and logging tools of your choice. Retain root access to everything.
- Scale application containers up or down with a single command. To scale capacity of the Deis platform, simply add or remove hosts from the cluster.
- Deis is free, open source software released under the Apache 2.0 license.
Deis Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Deis?
See all alternatives
Flynn lets you deploy apps with git push and containers. Developers can deploy any app to any cluster in seconds.
Helm is the best way to find, share, and use software built for Kubernetes.
Heroku is a cloud application platform – a new way of building and deploying web apps. Heroku lets app developers spend 100% of their time on their application code, not managing servers, deployment, ongoing operations, or scaling.
Google App Engine
Google has a reputation for highly reliable, high performance infrastructure. With App Engine you can take advantage of the 10 years of knowledge Google has in running massively scalable, performance driven systems. App Engine applications are easy to build, easy to maintain, and easy to scale as your traffic and data storage needs grow.
AWS Elastic Beanstalk
Once you upload your application, Elastic Beanstalk automatically handles the deployment details of capacity provisioning, load balancing, auto-scaling, and application health monitoring.