What is Crowdin?
Crowdin is a cloud-based localization management software for teams. Translate your apps, websites, games, documentation, marketing campaigns, and other content into 100+ languages. Create a native experience for your global customers.
Crowdin is a tool in the Translation Service category of a tech stack.
Who uses Crowdin?
24 companies reportedly use Crowdin in their tech stacks, including Udemy, Trustpilot, and Shelf.
49 developers on StackShare have stated that they use Crowdin.
GitHub, Visual Studio Code, Slack, Google Drive, and WordPress are some of the popular tools that integrate with Crowdin. Here's a list of all 79 tools that integrate with Crowdin.
Pros of Crowdin
Powerful tools and excellent customer support
Allows community-based translation
It's great tool for localization
Steep prices 🙁
GitHub integration (opens PR on translation done)
Variety of input formats
Works with multi level YAML sources
ICU support (better than other services)
- Translation Memory - no need to translate the same strings again
- Glossary - keep your project terminology consistent
- Screenshots - provide context to get relevant translations
- Integrations: GitHub, GitLab, Bitbucket, Google Play, Android Studio, Slack, Sketch, Figma
- Quality Assurance checks - no typos, missing symbols, length, and other mismatches
- In-Context - check how would ready translations look with your web application
- Machine Translations - pre-translate using a translation engine of your choice
- Reports - estimate and count translation costs, track translation’s progress and more
- Tasks - create, discuss, track progress to make sure translations and proofreads are done in time
Crowdin Alternatives & Comparisons
What are some alternatives to Crowdin?
See all alternatives
Transifex is a cloud-based localization platform built to help you manage the translation and localization of your app, website, video subtitles, and more. It acts as a repository for your content (think GitHub for translation) and includes tools for developers to get that content into Transifex automatically. Transifex also provides translators a web interface to submit translations.
OneSky provides a powerful cloud-based translation management system (TMS) that streamlines the entire translation management process for mobile apps, websites and documents. OneSky offers professional translation services and application testing solutions in 60+ languages. Over 3,000 companies have used OneSky to expand their global presence.
It is a translation management system, which is designed to make the process of localization faster and easier. Our platform reduces manual work and routine tasks that appear while translating web and mobile apps, games, and other software.
Weblate is a libre software web-based continuous localization system used by over 1150+ opensource projects & companies in over 115+ countries around the World.
Translation management solution for web and mobile applications. Collaborate with your team, find professional translators and stay on top of the process.