What is Azure Data Factory?
Who uses Azure Data Factory?
Azure Data Factory Integrations
Here are some stack decisions, common use cases and reviews by companies and developers who chose Azure Data Factory in their tech stack.
I have to collect different data from multiple sources and store them in a single cloud location. Then perform cleaning and transforming using PySpark, and push the end results to other applications like reporting tools, etc. What would be the best solution? I can only think of Azure Data Factory + Databricks. Are there any alternatives to #AWS services + Databricks?
Trying to establish a data lake(or maybe puddle) for my org's Data Sharing project. The idea is that outside partners would send cuts of their PHI data, regardless of format/variables/systems, to our Data Team who would then harmonize the data, create data marts, and eventually use it for something. End-to-end, I'm envisioning:
- Ingestion->Secure, role-based, self service portal for users to upload data (1a. bonus points if it can preform basic validations/masking)
- Storage->Amazon S3 seems like the cheapest. We probably won't need very big, even at full capacity. Our current storage is a secure Box folder that has ~4GB with several batches of test data, code, presentations, and planning docs.
- Data Catalog-> AWS Glue? Azure Data Factory? Snowplow? is the main difference basically based on the vendor? We also will have Data Dictionaries/Codebooks from submitters. Where would they fit in?
- Partitions-> I've seen Cassandra and YARN mentioned, but have no experience with either
- Processing-> We want to use SAS if at all possible. What will work with SAS code?
- Pipeline/Automation->The check-in and verification processes that have been outlined are rather involved. Some sort of automated messaging or approval workflow would be nice
- I have very little guidance on what a "Data Mart" should look like, so I'm going with the idea that it would be another "experimental" partition. Unless there's an actual mart-building paradigm I've missed?
Jobs that mention Azure Data Factory as a desired skillset
Azure Data Factory's Features
- Real-Time Integration
- Parallel Processing
- Data Chunker
- Data Masking
- Proactive Monitoring
- Big Data Processing