I had a goal to create the simplest accounting software for Mac and Windows to help small businesses in Canada.
This led me to a long 2 years of exploration of the best language that could provide these features:
- Great overall productivity
- International wide-spread usage for long-term sustainability and easy to find documentation
- Versatility for creating websites and desktop softwares
- Enjoyable developper experience
- Ability to create good looking modern UIs
- Job openings with this language
I tried Python, Java, C# and C++ without finding what I was looking for.
maybe Python & c++ & pybind11 & pyside6 is a good idea
How come C# wasn't suitable for simple accounting software? ASP.NET + JS is extremely powerful. JS by itself is not so useful, not good for the backend.